The Taste of The Holy Land
Arabic signature dishes and beverages through tastings, visits, and encounters with local farmers...
- Arrival and direct transfer and overnight in Jerusalem.
- Start your day with an authentic hearty Jerusalemite breakfast of hummus, ful, falafel, salads, and mint tea at the 1900s family-run Abu Shukri restaurant in the Old City. Afterward, you will follow your guide to Jerusalem’s different bazaars and indulge yourself in all of the scents they offer, whether it be the spice bazaars or the freshly made brews of Arabic coffee. Continue for lunch to Bint al-Balad, a women’s cooperative preparing local dishes to visitors before continuing your tour along Jerusalem’s historic and religious monuments. Overnight in Jerusalem.
- Explore the vicinity of Jerusalem on a guided tour: the Mt. of Olives with its landmarks, Ein Kerem, the hometown of John the Baptist (lunch), and Bethlehem, the birthplace of Christ with its enchanting churches and busy markets. For dinner, head to a famous BBQ restaurant, where lamb meat is traditionally cut using a large curved knife and where you will be introduced to the famous mezze, a collection of Arabic salads and appetizers. Overnight in Bethlehem.
- In the early morning, attend the daily mass in the Church of Nativity (optional). After breakfast, visit the Shepherds’ Fields in Beit Sahour before heading to the Cremisan Monastery and Winery for a wine tasting while receiving an overview of the history, culture, and difficulties of the local Christian neighborhood. After a simple but truly Palestinian falafel sandwich for lunch, pass by the Solomon Pools, from which water was drawn in ancient times to Jerusalem, before arriving at Hebron. Visit the Old City and get a taste of daily life. For dinner, enjoy a truly Hebronite dinner, including — upon prior arrangement — camel meat. Overnight in Bethlehem.
- Depart from Bethlehem through Wadi Nar to Bethany and visit the Tomb of Lazarus and the Church dedicated to Mary & Martha. Continue to the Palestinian city of Jifna for a locally family-prepared lunch. In the afternoon, taste Palestinian-brewed beer in either Taybeh or Birzeit, before exploring the bustling city of Ramallah and enjoying its famous Rukab ice-cream made with Arabic gum. For dinner, head to one of Ramallah’s famous bars, often featuring live music. Overnight in Ramallah.
- Depart to Jenin for a visit to a traditional organic farm working to restore and preserve traditional methods of farming. For lunch, you are invited to participate in preparing a traditional meal at the Beit al-Karma Women’s Cooperative in Nablus, followed by a guided tasting tour through the Old City. On your way to Jericho, treat yourself with a traditional Palestinian-style dessert prepared with special semolina dough and goat cheese and drizzled with rosemary flavored syrup. Overnight in Jericho.
- In the morning, explore the oasis of Jericho with is its enchanting orange and dates fields by bike or horse-drawn carriage, followed by a homemade, organic lunch in the city. In the afternoon, pass by the Islamic shrine Nabi Musa, the shrine of Moses according to Muslim tradition. Enjoy a panoramic view down to Wadi el-Qelt and St. George’s Monastery. At sunset, arrive at a traditional Bedouin camp in the Jerusalem Wilderness for a concluding dinner from the earthen Zarb oven. Overnight in the desert.
- Check-out and transfer to the airport or land border.
Ready to travel with us?