Islamic Heritage Pilgrimage Tour
Tracing Muslim Faith between the Mediterranean and the Jordan River.
- Arrival. Transfer to Jericho. Overnight in Jericho.
- Accompanied by your local guide you will discover the oasis of Jericho and explore the world’s oldest inhabited city. You will visit Qasr Hisham with the famous Tree of Life mosaic, one of the most well-preserved palaces of the Umayyad Era in Palestine before continuing to the hilltop of Tell es-Sultan with the ruins of the old city walls. After lunch, you will continue on to the Dead Sea to float in its the saline water or to treat your skin with its rich mineral muds. On the way to Jerusalem, you will stop at Maqam an-Nabi Moussa, the shrine of prophet Moses that is revered by all Muslims. Overnight in Jerusalem.
- Following breakfast, you will enter the Old City of Jerusalem through one of its seven gates and walk through its narrow streets. Experience the sounds, colors, and scents of Jerusalem’s Muslim Quarter on your way to the Haram al-Sharif to visit the al-Aqsa Mosque, the Mosque of Qubbet al-Sakhra (Dome of the Rock), the Islamic schools with their Mamluk style architecture and the Tomb of Rabiya al-Adawiyya. On Fridays, you can join the holy prayer at the al-Aqsa mosque and participate in the Khutbah. In the afternoon, you will continue through the Suq to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and visit the adjacent Mosque of Omar before tracing Jerusalem’s history through the city’s four quarters to Mt. Zion to visit the Makam an-Nabi Dawud. Overnight in Jerusalem.
- In the morning, visit the different mosques on the Mt. of Olives and admire the grandness of the city with the Qubbet al-Sakhra at its center. Continue along the marble-memorial of Mujir-e-Din al-Hanbaly, a medieval philosopher, located just above the Tomb of Mary by the Garden of Gethsemane and visit Maqam an-Nabi Samuel which offers a commanding view of Jerusalem and the Mediterranean Sea. Optional: Hike to visit the Tomb of Salman el-Farsi, who was the prayer announcer of the Prophet Mohammed. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure in the Old City. Overnight in Jerusalem.
- In the morning, depart to the town of Halhoul, a fertile region rich in vineyards in southern Palestine and the location of the mosque of an-Nabi Yunus bin Mata, built on top of his grave. Continue to al-Khalil, or Hebron, for a visit to its Old City with al-Haram al-Ibrahimi (Abraham’s mosque) as the burial place of prophets Ibrahim/Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and their wives. On your way to Bethlehem, stop by Ma’mre, where according to tradition, Abraham pitched his tent and three angels informed him that his wife Sarah would give birth to a son. In Bethlehem, visit the birthplace of the prophet Issa in the Church of Nativity before returning to Jerusalem overnight in Jerusalem.
- Check-out and transfer to the land border.
Ready to travel with us?