Follow The Steps of Jesus
A spiritual, faith-based, and Jesus-centered pilgrimage following the ancient paths based on the life of the Lord as commemorated in the Gospels.
- Arrival and overnight in Bethlehem.
- You will spend your first morning in Ein Kerem, the hometown of John the Baptist visiting the church where he was born and the Church of Visitation atop the dwelling place of Elizabeth and Zachariah. Here you will have time to meditate on the prayers of Mary and Zechariah as written in the gospels. You will then head to Shepherd’s Field where the angels announced Jesus’ birth to the shepherds. In Bethlehem, you will visit Manger Square, the Church of the Nativity and enter into the nativity grotto. At St. Helena’s Church you will learn about more about Herod’s plan to get rid of all infant males and about the Holy Family’s flight to Egypt. Overnight in Bethlehem.
- Depart from Bethlehem in the morning and follow the Nativity Trail to the picturesque Burqin Church commemorating Jesus’ Healing of the 10 Lepers. You will continue to Sebastia for a visit of the Tomb of John the Baptist and visit the city of Nablus in addition to Jacob’s Well, overnight in Jerusalem.
- In the morning, enjoy a panoramic view of Jerusalem’s Old City as you stand on the Mt. of Olives and walk down this historic mountain stopping to see the Dominus Flevit Chapel, the Church of Mary Magdalene, the Tomb of Mary and end at the Church of Nations in the Garden of Gethsemane. You will pass through the Kidron Valley and head on up to St. Peter’s Gallicantu Church, followed by the Tomb of David and the Upper Room on Mt. Zion overnight. Overnight in Jerusalem.
- Your second day in Jerusalem will begin at the Stephanus Gate (Lions Gate) and follow the Stations of the Cross along the Via Dolorosa and make your way to the Church of St. Anne and the Pool of Bethesda. The day will include a time for prayer and meditation at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. After lunch, enjoy a panoramic view from the tower of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Redeemer before heading through the Armenian Quarter and on to the al-Aqsa Compound. Overnight in Jerusalem.
- Depart from Jerusalem to the Jordan River baptismal site for mass, meditation, and baptism. You will pass the sycamore fig tree Zacchaeus climbed to catch a glimpse of Jesus as you make your way up to the Monastery which is embedded halfway up the Mt. of Temptation, the traditional site where Jesus was tempted. You will continue on to Wadi el-Qelt, entering the steep desert canyons connecting Jericho to Jerusalem. This area is associated with the Valley of the Shadow of Death in Psalm 23, the parable of the Good Samaritan, and the dwelling of Elijah. Overnight in Jericho.
- Check-out and transfer to the land border.
Ready to travel with us?